Friday, November 15, 2013

Sam & Suzy This Week

Rob and Sam went to an air show together


Nights and evenings have been a little rough around here this week. Sam's been getting up in the middle of the night and sometimes it's hard to get him back to sleep. Since Rob isn't training for any marathons, he's been helping out. I put him on late night diaper duty and then I put Sam back to sleep. If it's 4 am or later, Sam comes into bed with me since I can't try putting him back to sleep only to have to wake up like an hour later.

He's also been going to bed earlier too. He used to go to bed at 8, now it's more like 7:30. It's kind of throwing me off! Yesterday I felt like I barely got to spend any time with him because of me running and when we got to sit down and play, he cried because he was so tired. We spent the rest of the evening reading books.

Sam:
I love seeing his personality come through. He loves to eat, but always holds his hand up like he doesn't want to get messy and leans his head in with his mouth open. I love finding his tickle spots and I love how I can make him laugh by kissing his tummy. He laughs when we sing silly songs. Itsy Bitsy Spider is his favorite song. He cries and refuses his paci, but if you just hold it in there, he'll quickly stop and fall asleep. 


Suzy:
So, I got really bummed last Sunday. It looked like breastfeeding was over and done with. Sam had no patience with me anymore. I cried and needed a hug from Rob. Monday came along and I'm like, "No! I will not give up! I will pump again at work, take my herbs and feed Sam more!!" And I did, I even pumped at night because Sam got too frustrated. But alas...there was no increase. I have to put on my big girl undies and face the fact that we are done with breastfeeding. This weekend will be the last weekend of morning feedings. Again, I am extremely proud of myself for sticking out for so long despite the trouble and the stress of it all.

2 comments:

Dena Joan said...

Sorry to hear about the sleep troubles. I know that game all too well. Even though he started sleeping through on his 6-mont birthday he had a total regression after his last vaccines. We're finding a way back again. It's up & down... and up & down again.

Sorry to hear about the breastfeeding but you have the right outlook! You have done amazing & stuck it out through so much. You are incredible. <3

Suzy said...

How fragile sleeping is! The slightest thing will derail it @__@ Ha ha, and of course Sam woke up over the weekend and this morning...he slept the entire night and didn't wake up until 6. Why can't he do that on the weekends?

Post a Comment