Friday, November 1, 2013

Sam & Suzy This Week

spying on sam after his nap


How was everyone's Halloween?
Ours was great! We originally didn't want to take him trick or treating because any candy is for us and I've been trying not to eat too much processed stuff, but once he had his costume on I couldn't help it! We went to a few neighbor's houses who I thought would love to see Sam in his costume. It was so sweet and right there I realized how long we've been waiting to do these sorts of things with a kid. It was SUCH a great feeling.

Afterwards, we sat on the driveway a bit and gave out candy. Oh, and I totally ate any candy that Sam got. Soooo bad, but sooo good! No will power when it comes to sweets I tell ya!

Sam:
He's been so great! He's just talking up a storm this week. Always making us laugh. Oh and I can totally make him laugh just by giving him kisses on his belly. Love it!

He's been sleeping in his nursery with no problems. I'm so proud. He still wakes up around 5 - 5:30am, which makes the weekends hard. I bring him back to bed with me and we can sometimes get another hour of sleep. But with my breast milk supply dwindling, I hope I can still get him back to sleep on those mornings.

Naps on the other hand is something we struggle with. At day care he takes about three 20 - 40 minute naps. On the weekends, sometimes I can get a good hour long nap and sometimes a 20 minute one. A lot of times I hold him while he naps, for fear of waking him...and also because I just want to be close to him.


Suzy:
Look at me all training for a half marathon! My first run was so great! And then my body remembered it doesn't do this much and I've been so so sore! This weekend I have to run 4 miles, which I have bring Sam with me in the stroller. I have a pretty flat area to run it and I will take it easy, not forcing myself to run all of it. But I may surprise myself.

One thing that I struggle with, I'm actually pretty scared about running! I get nervous and anxious about it. I'm going to start running big miles here and that scares me. I know I can do it, I've had plenty of people tell me I'm a good runner...but I never ran more than 4 miles. I have to beat this fear! I was scared of child birth and I did it. I did it all natural because I trusted my body. Now I just have to trust my body again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment