Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Super Summer Challange

image belongs to back to her roots


I love summer, my favorite time of year! This year however, life is so different and while I love it, I also  don't want to waste my summer away because of the excuse having a newborn.

I came across Back to Her Root's Super Summer Challenge that she is doing on her blog. Basically you have two categories: Body and Mind and you set up goals for each. You give each goal a set amount of points and your goal is to earn 10,000 points for each category by August 31st. These goals are to help motivate you to have a great healthy summer. You are also encouraged to give yourself a reward for getting 5,000 and then 10,000 points.

I thought this would be a fun thing to participate it. It'll help me stay motivated on getting my body back to normal since right now I'm allowing excuses to take over and I haven't been working out. I also like the mind aspect of it because I'm not allowing myself to just chill or not be a mom for even like 15 minutes. Not that I ever stop being a mom, but I make myself stressed out about trying to do and be all at the same time.

I actually told myself that it's ok that this will be a boring summer. Wait, what?! Ok, I can't have a carefree summer filled canoe rides or a sharing a bottle of wine in the afternoon with Rob. But I can have a fun filled summer with plenty of great times with Sam or even small moments with just myself.

I'm still in the process of writing down my goals and rewards, but just I am super excited to be doing this challenge! I'll even be dusting off my Twitter and Instagram accounts to participate.


0 comments:

Post a Comment