Friday, June 7, 2013

Sam & Suzy: Week 9


arriving at daycare (he's actually happy)

Sam had his 2 month check up this week. Everything is going good. He's now 24 inches long and weighs 11.5 lbs. He's in the 50% percentile (which I find that whole thing kind of weird) Sam's head is in the 25% percentile, so he didn't get the big head gene from Rob, hee hee.

He also got his 2 month vaccinations. Actually, he got the first half. Then in a couple of weeks he'll get the other half. I actually had to sign a waiver because that's an "alternative" schedule, which is kind of silly. I believe in vaccinations and the importance of them, but I just think it's a bit much all the shots they try to give at once. Oh well.


Sam:

Sam started interacting with the activity center toys. His teacher mentioned it the other day, saying he was totally batting at the toys. I noticed he started doing that with the toys at home too. She says that's impressive for someone his age. Also, his teachers and I have noticed that Sam is becoming left hand dominate. Yes! I'd love him to be left handed like his mommy.

So not only does he like playing with the activity center, Sam LOVES the mirror that's above his swing. He just sits in the swing, looking up with the biggest smile and talking away. I love it! Also, it's nice to have a place to put him down if we need to do something.

Sam is starting to respond to sounds. Yesterday when we went to pick him up at daycare, he was crying and I said hello to him and he stopped crying and turn his head towards me. Awww, happy mom. And just before we left him this morning, Rob says good-bye and Sam gives him a big smile.


Suzy:

I've been doing pretty good. I've been getting some great sleep, so lovley. I totally believe that Sam and I are connected somehow because I always end up waking up right before and right when Sam wakes up. Every night like clock work.

Pumping and feeding are going as good as they can. I was afraid that only pumping twice at work would make my supply go down, but I seem to be doing normal. I'm able to just breastfeed Sam at the midnight and 3am feedings. If I had to guess, he gets about 50-50 breast milk and formula. Hey, I'm ok with that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment