Friday, October 26, 2012

Pregnancy Ups & Downs




This week...

Pregnancy Ups:

- Rob and I were looking at kid toys last Sunday and it was just so much fun! I love thinking about us and our family in the future and what we'll do and such. We even bought a stuffed lamb, our first purchase for the baby together.

- No food aversions this week! In fact, barely any symptoms at all. It feels soooo good.

- Rob. He's just so awesome and understanding. He lets me be lazy about dinner, lets me vent, he listens to me and he takes good care of me. I always feel much better when I talk to him. All while he's working hard at work, freelancing and training for a marathon.


Pregnancy Downs:

- I barely ate any good vegetables this week and I'm being a little too hard on myself about it. It's a lot of pressure to make sure you eat all the right things!

- I may not be a runner like Rob or some of our friends, but I do enjoy running 5k races. This time of year they always have they best. Halloween themed, Thanksgiving, Christmas, color races, awesome charities. And I'm pretty bummed that I can't do it and walking is no fun. I am, however, going to walk a 5k in December since a bunch of our friends are doing it, it's part of a charity my old boss is apart of and dude, you do it on the NASCAR speedway!

- I know this is only going to get worse, but I don't like being treated like a pregnant person. I am already frustrated at myself for being limited on so much, 'specially when I'm the type of person who likes to be in control. Don't tell me to take it easy, I can actually do a lot before my body tells me enough and I will stop when I get to that point. I don't like talking about myself a lot to begin with, so I'm probably not going to want to talk about my pregnancy all the time (only certain people I feel comfortable with talking openly about it) And do not tell me how big I'm going to get or point out how often I eat! When someone says that it's kind of telling me that I'm gonna get huge and fat. I'm already struggling myself with accepting the fact that I'm getting bigger, I know it's going to happen and I'm excited about it, but some days I don't feel so great about it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment