Monday, April 29, 2013

What I did with my placenta



I'm going to warn you. What I'm about to tell you is pretty bananas, but then if you know me...are you really surprised?

Did you know that you can take your placenta home, dehyrate it and make it into pills? Did you know that taking these pills can help with baby blues and postpartum depression?

That's exactly what I did. I know, it's crazy and kind of gross, but to me the benefits totally out weigh the ick factor. I had Jereka from WombMart come to our house and she prepared my placenta into pills. I take these pills like you would with any other pill, a few times a day. The result, a happier Suzy.

Getting postpartum depression is something that always worried me. I usually got bad anxiety after my period. Also, I had problems with my hormones before getting pregnant, which I believe contributed to my infertility. I really did not want all that while taking care of a baby and if consuming my placenta in pill form would help, then I'm up for it.

Did it work?
Yes, I believe it did. Since I had Sam, I've felt pretty normal. Now I've had my rough moments, but sleeping at 1 1/2 hour intervals, having problems with breast feeding and taking care of a baby will do that to you. I typically bounce back quick after I have a rough moment too. And once I get going in the day, I have a good amount of energy. I rarely need coffee.

It was totally worth it! A little on the strange side, but the way I see it I'd rather take my own placenta than some chemical made pill that has wonky side effects.


0 comments:

Post a Comment