Friday, April 19, 2013

Sam and Suzy: 2 weeks



Has it only been two weeks? Such a short amount of time.

Things are starting to settle around here. We are getting used to life with a baby. It's not always easy, but we are getting the hang of it. I actually feel rested today, despite waking every 2 hours for a feeding.

Sam:
He's definitely growing now. Filling out his little baby body. He's also started grunting, mostly before feeding time. This morning he was just laying in the pack and play grunting away. Not really fussy or anything, just talking. He's doesn't cry much either. Most of the time some rocking and singing will work. I have a special little song I sing to him that will calm him down, but only I can sing it.

Suzy:

I'm doing pretty good. I'm feeling like a normal person. Sometimes I do feel stretched thin and stressed out, but that's usually when I'm feeling tired. I have barely cried this week which is a good thing, heh.

I am having issues with breast feeding. I went to a lactation consultant last week. I'm not producing enough milk. We've had to supplement with formula since we've been at the hospital. It really broke my heart since I'm real passionate about breast feeding. But I've learned to accept it and I am trying my best to get my supply going. I'm on a strict schedule of breast, bottle and pump every 2 hours. It's hard and tiring, but it's what needs to be done. I'm also taking a couple herbal supplements to try and help. I go this Tues. for a follow up. Wish me luck. And if it's not working out, then it's just not meant to be. People with fertility issues can also have problems with breast feeding, which makes sense.

I'd also like to mention how I'm totally digging my body right now. I forgot what it feels like to be so small and I think I look great! Ok, I'm still mushy and squishy, but that's understandable. I have about 15 lbs to lose to be back at my prepregnancy weight. I'm in no rush, but I can't wait to start exercising again, just to get my body moving. Can't wait for yoga and running.

0 comments:

Post a Comment