Friday, April 26, 2013

Sam and Suzy: 3 weeks

Sam at 3 weeks
Rob started working from home this week. While he's able to help me out some, I'm on my own for the majority of the day. It's going pretty well, until I have to pump and most of the time Sam is not sleeping and does not want to be put in the crib or the swing.

Sam:
He had a busy week. Last Saturday we went to a friend's house. He got to hang out with a fellow baby. It's funny to see them together since this baby is a month older and looks like a giant next to Sam. Monday he got circumcised. Poor little guy, but he's healing like a trooper. Later that day his cord stump fell off and a belly button was revealed! Thursday we had a pediatric appointment. He's growing well and has gained the weight he lost and then some. We got the go ahead to cut back on the bottle some, which made me happy because I really need my own supply to get going.

I really noticed how much Sam has grown this week. He's filling out and looking cuter than ever. I'm trying to do a bit of tummy time each day. I also set up his activity center which he really likes. He's not really looking at the stuff just yet, but he does like chilling to the music.

Suzy:
I'm still having problems with breastfeeding. Which is causing me a great deal of stress. I am making a bit more, but not where I should be. I'm hoping that cutting back on the bottle will force Sam to try and eat more with me. I also made lactation cookies, which is an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie with flax seed and brewer's yeast. Any excuse to eat cookies is fine by me. If I'm not making more by next week, I have to rent the hospital pump. Not really looking forward to that, but I really don't know what else to do.

Next week I'm going to try out working a bit from home. Mama needs to start making some money since Sam doesn't know how to take it easy on the diapers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment