Monday, November 12, 2012

18 weeks



This past week was all about me trying and hoping to feel sprout move. I know it's a little early, but I wish I could be that mom who feels their baby already. Then again, I've probably felt it move and just didn't realize it. I still do think that thing I felt last week was the baby, of course it didn't happen again. Have patience Suzy!

I've finally gotten into the grove of how feel about my body. I don't feel dumpy, bloated or fat anymore. I just feel like I'm getting bigger and I keep wanting to get more bigger. I just want my belly to be like, "Bam! Now you totally look pregnant!" Eating healthy and wearing maternity clothes really do help.

Speaking of eating. I'm not really as hungry as I have been during the later part of the first trimester. My appetite is like how it was before I got pregnant. I realized yesterday that that means I'm not eating the extra that I should be. If that's the case, I'll have to start eating more calorie rich snacks like nuts and such. My stomach is still sensitive like last week, so I can't really eat more at my main meals if my stomach's going to act like that. I'm not too concerned, it's just my body getting leveled out from the craziness of the first trimester.

I had my first true craving! I was on Babble.com and they had a recipe for oatmeal with chocolate chips and I was like, "Woah! I must have that!" All day I could not stop thinking about it. I went to the store that evening and bought chocolate chips and plain oatmeal. Next morning's breakfast was amazing! I still could not stop thinking about it and I probably would've made it for all my meals. I'm totally having it for breakfast all week. And while it sounds kind of unhealthy, it's actually not. It's just plain organic 5 grain oatmeal, wheat germ, some baking chocolate chips and a bit of soy milk. No extra sugar or anything. Mmmm, delicious.

Later this afternoon I have my monthly OB appointment AND!! an ultrasound! It's the big ultrasound where most people find out if they are having a girl or boy, but we are keeping it a surprise. I am just so excited to be able to see sprout again! It'll calm my nerves from the past few weeks of me obsessing about feeling it move. Sprout's going to be so big and looking more like a baby, it's going to be crazy!

This is when the fun really starts! Feeling it move soon. Knowing it can hear you. I'm excited about playing music to the belly and reading out loud. My belly will really start showing. I can really start planning and buying things. This is the part I've been waiting so long for!

0 comments:

Post a Comment