Thursday, September 20, 2012

My wiggly sprout

Yesterday I went for a mommy check up and an ultrasound. It had been about 3 weeks since our first ultrasound and I was anxious to see if sprout was still doing well.

Now I've been reading websites and such and seeing the week-by-week, I know what the baby is supposed to look like, but to see it, see YOUR baby, looking like a real baby...now that's amazing.

*I flipped these upside down to see it better


I saw a head, little arms with elbows, a beating heart, a butt, legs with knees and toes and the umbilical cord. I couldn't get over how long its arms and legs looked. Too soon to think it'll be as tall as it's dad? I heard its little heatbeat, nice and good at 176 bmp. And the bestest!! I got to see it move and wiggling around! I wasn't expecting to see movement like that so soon. Now THAT makes it all more real! It put me on cloud nine for the rest of the day.

I'm on a normal OB schedule now and won't go back for 4 weeks. Such a long wait. By then I'll already be in my 2nd trimester! Rob's going to come to the next one, I didn't have him come to this appointment since I thought it was going to be an extra long one with my check up and all. At least he got to see pictures.


2 comments:

sealedwithmyhug said...

Awww she is adorable!! Isn't it great to see the lil bub on the screen all wiggly like? Awww! ENJOY IT!

Suzy said...

Thanks Bobbi Jo!

Post a Comment